Each year we analyse more ways in which we can reduce our environmental impact. As 2016 brings new challenges to the environmental area we are offering more environmentally friendly products as well as increasing recycling of cardboard and plastics.
As you may well have found out helping the Environment does not come easily, but, it is a necessity. There is little things that we can do which all help, things like recycling our scrap cardboard, using MediDen polythene and Super Hexane pallet wrapping films, swapping over to Dynaboard corrugated cardboard and asking for Deliveries on our Zoned Delivery Run, most of which SAVE money.
We’ve changed our range of book boxes from b-flute to m-flute.
The results have meant that less board is used; therefore more can fit on a pallet which has reduced transport and storage space. More sheets can fit into a packing box which means fewer boxes are sent from our warehouse and transported to our customers.
This has not however, had an effect on the quality of the products as the board has proved to be more rigid than before.
Environmental Analysis of Packaging Materials
We offer an in depth analysis of the packaging materials that you use and submit suggestions for alternative products that you could use to cut your environmental impact, contact our Sales Team today to request your analysis.
Our Environmental Policy
At DATEC Packaging, we as a packaging company have recognised the responsibility we have in the promoting and implementing of environmentally ethical packaging methods and, as an expression of our commitment, we subsidise eco-friendly products to make them more affordable to a greater proportion of our customer base.
As a team we are dedicated to the forwarding of developments in environmentally friendly products, reduction in packaging waste and the promotion of health, safety, well being and quality training of our employees. From the top to the bottom of our management structure these precious values are emphasised through every level of responsibility.
As proof, we at Datec Packaging:
- Endeavour to promote recycling by sourcing products which use the highest quantity of recycled material without over-jeopardizing the quality of our products and their effectiveness.
- Promote resource saving products such as; e-tape, e-stretch, Megastretchplus, Cboard card products, DENVA, AIRplus, PAPERplus and many more.
- Are committed promote environmentally solutions by advising eco-friendly alternatives to as many of our customers as possible.
- Closely monitor our pollution output and use of resources to cut back on wasted resources and our impact on the environment. For example we run a Zoned Delivery System which maximises efficiency of our deliveries and cuts our pollution levels dramatically.
- Participate in waste recycling and reuse where practically possible; all our cardboard and office paper waste is now recycled and over 50% of our plastic waste is reused on site.
Other useful links:
Recycle logos explained: click here for explanations on the recycle logos that your packaging should display.